Sunday, February 24, 2013

Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery.

My friends love birthdays!  Even with everyones crazy schedules we always manage to get together and celebrate.  My best friend Anthony's birthday is next week when he'll be away, so this Saturday we got together and headed to The Warwick Valley Winery and Distillery.

The rainy weather added to the already cozy setting.  The pot belly stoves,  acoustic rock n' roll group on stage and farm to table menu was worth the drive and the wine wasn't bad either.  As soon as we walked into the winery, we each purchased a souvenir glass to sample some of Warwick's wines.  The cider is one of their best sellers along with the black currant dessert wine and they are delicious!  I'm usually partial to red wines, here I favored the white, it was perfect.  The wines were a bit lighter in body than I'd usually prefer but very refreshing.  It's worth a visit to Warwick to bask in the whole hearted atmosphere.  There aren't many other things in life that's better than a day of laughs and friends!


Getting a table is a bit of a task at this place, you have to move quick and come early!  The four of us that arrived first were starving so we shared a Caramelized Onion and Brie Panini, Margherita pizza, Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad and a Cheese Plate while we waited for the rest of the gang.  The food was fantastic and although I stuck close by the salad I did manage to try everything.  The mushroom panini was my favorite but the mussels we ordered later on gave it a run for it's money.  Though I did not try them, the truffle fries  looked excellent! If I lived nearby I could definitely see myself stopping in for lunch from time to time.

The winery closed around six o'clock, so we headed into town to Eddie's Roadhouse, which happened to be owned by a guy from Jersey! The bar was tiny and packed so we were happy that we could snag a couple of seats, later the eight of us gladly took over the whole bar area.  Eddie's offers all craft beers which lit up the eyes of my beer loving friends.  I am not a beer fan, luckily they also had a full bar so I switched it up and had my signature Patron and seltzer with lime.  We shared a hummus plate with eggplant ratatouille and olive spread, it was delicious.  I also rolled with another goat cheese salad here,  I know not repetitive at all, it was very very good, better than the first! We then parted ways with the others and the original four of us wandered to a couple other places.  The other bars did not excite us much so within fifteen minutes we were tired and ready to go home.  All in all our experience was fabulous and I can't wait to visit again.  Happy Birthday Ant!








No comments:

Post a Comment