Friday, March 15, 2013

Hey, Im just lookin' for a good time.

"The rule is that you never ever talk about forever but you never say never in life."  This is one of the lines from one of my favorite Lady Antebellum songs.  Commitment in general is sometimes hard for some of us.  Committing to a career, relationship or even a gym-schedule scares some people a bit, but two important things that accompany responsibility are opportunity and joy.

People sometimes shy away from opportunities presented to them, if they feel they may not be able to fulfill expectations.  Everyone is different, which is why personal experience is the best teacher of all.  I always tell clients at work about my own personal salon horror stories (from back in the day), this makes them laugh and also thankful that I speak of these situations in a past tense!  If I never screwed up someones hair-color, I would've never learned how to fix someones  else's.  Life presents us with a surprise situation from time to time, though at the moment we are nerved and have no idea how we will complete or fix the task at hand, usually in the end, we laugh about thinking we weren't capable of completion. Never shy away from an assignment of any sort because someone else had a bad outcome of a similar situation (even if that other person is you in the past).  You are not them, you have a different heart and a different mind and by doing so you'd only be missing out on would could be a grand chance that will lead you to many other places.

Committing to a relationship is feared by many, when its time to take the next step, you may get the urge to start backing away.  Maybe you're not interested in your date enough to move things forward, or  at the present time in your life, you don't have the mindset or time to devote to them and don't want to ruin a future chance for a relationship.  Some will fake feelings just so that they don't have to be alone,  being single can be lonely.  The correct relationship can bring much joy, the wrong one will cause a lot of unnecessary misery.  I enjoy spending time with people that I feel at home with.  When someone  is not on the same page as me in any sort of way, I don't usually want to spend my down time with them.  Waiting for the correct yin to your yang is essential.  When people ask me why I am still single, my answer is never a man hating comment, its simply "He's not here yet."  The longer we are alone the more stuck in our ways we become, keep this in mind when a "petty" issue arrises.  You don't always have to be right, especially when the differential of the argument holds little importance.

I am on my 7th out of 9 weeks of the Insanity workout.  Im sure you've heard of it, its known to be the hardest workout put on DVD.  A few months after I purchased the set of discs, I finally took the first step and opened the box.  Although I've been working out for many years,  I heard about how hard it was from friends and feared that I would never be able to finish or even keep up with the people in this video.  Everyone was right, the first month was hard as hell, but I finished it.  The second month's workouts are longer and more challenging than the first, but during each workout, I fight through it and before you know it, I'm checking another box off of the workout calendar that comes with the program.  In many of life's challenges, half of the battle is pushing play and getting started, before you know it, your at the other end of the tunnel.

Fearing change is more normal than not and sometimes you have to become uncomfortable to get comfortable.  We all have fears that that we won't be the best at whatever goals we pursue.  It is mandatory to fail at a few things to achieve ultimate success.  If you never start up your engine, you'll never see how fast or far your car can go.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing/story's are so inspiring! Love it, keep up the good work :)
    Now I am looking forward to try out the Insenity workout....so affraid :)
    Xoxo Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I can't wait you should start it the same time i start my second round, that way we will be on the same schedule!! :)

      Delete